View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #68
Bob C

Default Re: Camshaft timing gear rattling noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. L. Chauvin View Post
Mr. McEachern,

1. Your above reply # 62 may help some to understand why in reply # 55 he mentions:

"There is no noise now." LOL

2. Besides your mentioning further above the incorrect 100 ft.lb. Model A timing gear nut tightening myth forever "written" and recommended, it may be better to hear from you about how "NOT" to follow the forever "written" and recommended timing gear tightening method which can screw up the timing teeth for eternity.

3. My McEachern aluminum gear is totally noiseless "after" following your installing verbal instructions & recommendations.
He has commented before.

Dan McEachern

Re: Model B camshaft gear nut removal
Guys- I've said it here before and I'll say it again. Don't stuff rags or anything else into the gear mesh to loosen the cam gear nut unless you are going to throw the cam gear in the trash when you take it off. If you are installing a new gear, you stand a real good change of damaging the gear teeth with this method. Take the time to clamp a block on the rear side of rim of the cam gear and let that absorb the torque of tightening or loosening the nut if you have to do it with the cam in the engine. Dan

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote