View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 06:46 PM   #10
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: 1955 Crown Victoria headliner question

The tack strips with the teeth in the back that hold the headliner for the Crown Vic should be the same in '55 and '56 I would think, as well as the even more rare '56 Mercury 2-dr hardtop model and the '56 Lincoln Premier.
In 1955, Ford also had a lower priced 2-dr Hardtop called a "Victoria", and Mercury also had a similar 2-dr hardtop called a "Monterey". Those two have swappable parts amongst each other BUT will not fit the Ford Crown Vic's and '56 Merc and Lincoln cars.
As far as the interior garnish mouldings (chrome plated or stainless, I don't know which), The '55 Crown Vic's I have seen did NOT have a trim piece above the rear quarter window, only the door windows. The Skyliner (with the transparent roof) may have had a part that was different from the normal Crown Vic's. The '56 Lincoln premier did have the trim going all the way to the back window, but it wouldn't fit because of the interior crown moulding.
I think finding these parts in a junkyard would be slim pickens. You may need to try to find them on e-pay for an arm and a leg.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote