View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 02:52 PM   #15
bbrocksr

Default Re: Fumes in the cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwillia View Post
Guys,

I got my 33 on the road back in October and after working out a few bugs she is running great. I have a 35 flathead in it that was rebuilt sometime in the 90's I believe, but had no miles on it until I started driving it in Oct.

When I am driving the car, fumes are entering the cabin. The smell is sort of "sweet" smelling and not like the exhaust coming out of the tail pipe. I have a set of Reds headers with the exhaust running straight out the back.

The fumes are pretty strong, especially with the windows up. After a while I start to get a headache and I have to change clothes when I get home because of the smell. The worst part(some of you might think this is the best part. ) is that my wife doesn't like to ride with me much because of the smell.

I have read a little about PCV valves being installed on these older flatheads. Is that what I need? Can someone provide a resource for how to install it?

Thanks!
Check to see if the baffle tube is in place under the fuel pump stand. When they are left out you will get a lot of smoke out of the oil filler.
When left out it defeats the ventilation system.

Bill
bbrocksr is offline   Reply With Quote