View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 02:14 PM   #1
Steve_KS

Default '30 Tudor Rear Seat Belt Center Anchor Ideas

Hello, I’m installing seat belts in the back seat of my ’30 Tudor. I’ve searched the forum but only found 1 thread that seemed applicable. I don’t fully understand the pictures in there.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55987
It seems like they did more modifications than I would like but maybe it’s the only way.

I attached the outside belts to the body mounts. They aren’t in a perfect location since they are more under the seat than behind it but the metal is strong and I think it’s about as good as you can do with this car. I’ve read posts about the body detaching from the frame and thus you shouldn’t attach belts to the frame. But I figure if the body detaches from the frame we’re probably all be dead anyhow, or wish we were.

I can’t figure out a decent anchor point for the center seat belt straps for the rear seat of a Tudor. There is a square tube along the back edge of the body. Under the car it seems to be strong and there are 2 0.5” holes near the center with rivets above them that go to a curved piece of metal that goes up along the inside back of the body. I considered drilling out those rivets and replacing with bolts but the metal they rivet into is too narrow for 2 0.5” holes. There is a gap between that bent piece of metal in the car and the rear body. Would it be idiotic to put a ‘U’ bolt through that gap and attach the belts there? That bent piece is riveted ~6 locations and seems fairly robust but not great.

What have you all done to anchor the center rear seat belts in Tudors?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RearCurvedPiece.jpg (62.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg RearSideBelts.jpg (142.7 KB, 77 views)
Steve_KS is offline   Reply With Quote