View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 08:56 PM   #252
Synchro909

Default Re: The Terry Burtz 5 main bearing engine blocks are back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Burtz, Calif View Post
Syncro, The bearing inserts chosen for the new Model A engine were used by GM from 1955 until 2003 in 265, 283, and 327 V-8 engines, 194, 230, and 250 straight 6-engines, and 122, 140, and 153 straight 4-cylinder engines.

These engines were used in Buicks, Cadillacs, Checkers, GMCs, Isuzus, Oldsmobiles, and Pontiacs.

If you go to https://www.jegs.com/i/Sealed-Power/844/2020CP/10002/-1 and click on "Vehicle Fitment" near the bottom left of the page, 201 pages will open listing 2410 different vehicle makes and models that used the 2020CP insert.

If any of the engines listed above were used in Australia, it will likely use the 2020CP bearing insert.
Terry, I tried ordering from Jeggs but ran into trouble with their website. I suspect they put on too much security when access is from outside the US (understandably). Holden, now closed down, was GM's Australian branch and they may have used some of those engines, I don't know.
We had a few Isuzu models here but they were metric sizes, I think. Not in my lifetime (1948) have any of those other brands been sold new in Australia. A fellow Barner with whom I have had previous contact (like at the Pizza night in Reno) helped me out by buying them and sending them on. I owe him a debt.
I'm hoping that either I never need undersized shells or that they are still readily available over there and vendors are prepared to sell to me. Jeggs was not the first time I have had this trouble with an American supplier.
Another benefit of the new engine is that it is likely to run smoother than an original. If so, I plan on removing the flota mota mounts and installing solid ones again. it makes a big difference to how the car drives.
I am keenly awaiting the arrival of my new engine.

Last edited by Synchro909; 03-09-2021 at 09:03 PM.
Synchro909 is offline   Reply With Quote