View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 04:17 PM   #12
Synchro909

Default Re: Supply chain woes

Another aspect to this thread is "Parts that were never available but should have been" Where to begin!? For our RHD cars, there is a multitude of parts that have never been available from the vendors, especially the big ones. I'll try to list a few. Clutch and brake pedals, the shaft on which they mount and bushes for them, the accelerator pedal and linkages, inlet manifold, the bell crank and rods to work the distributor timing, ready to go wiring looms, bell housings, steering arms, pitman arms, drag link, brake cross shaft, steering column support bracket, the bracket that bolts to the back of the block for the starter button to starter motor linkage to start with. Also sometimes not available, worm and sector for either 7 tooth or 2 tooth steering boxes.
There will be others I have missed. We have to improvise, modify, repair and recycle old, 90+ year old parts you guys would throw out without a thought.