View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #1

Smile I need a V8 in my life

Hello everybody, I wanted to introduce myself and may to ask for help. Let me make a short introduction.

I´m 36 years old white collar, I live in the Czech Republic in the heart of Europe, and since my young years I´m involved with old bikes and cars. My father always had a small collection of vintage Indian motorcycles and as soon as I was approaching my driving licence age, I started toying with aircooled Volkswagens. Having reached many goals in the area of old VW´s (including a bus, a super rare Swiss VW Type 147 and a military Type 181 look it up on google if you are interested, also being involved in aircooled VW 1/4 mile racing with my self-bilt engines) and being partially still involved in vintage Indian scene, in swing dancing and with wife interested in period fashion, I started to look for a vintage american car!

Because of my visit on a meeting in Italy I fell in love with a ´46 Mercury Eight 4 door sedan, which would suit my taste very well, but it´s impossible to locate such car in Europe. No offers on hand. So - I´m able to buy a car in the USA, having my own shipper who can pick at seller´s place. I´m looking for an original, running car, very preserved car, which I can take care of. I´m looking for recommendations on Fords and Mercurys from the period, preferably with 239, preferably 4 door sedans, but I´d swallow a coupe too.
If you know on any good opportunities, advertisments, please let me know. Any tips will be very welcomed!

I should mention I have not sold any of my old cars, I still have them as I bult a connection to them. So the car I´ll buy will be in the best hands. Looking forward to be on The Barn with my own V8!
181 is offline   Reply With Quote