View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #10
Keith True

Default Re: Model A destruction

I never would try to guess at a price for something other than in my own area.And,that would only be for unrestored cars.I've only sold a couple of A's that I've owned but I've sold a few for other people.I treat selling an A like I treat selling a british bike.I point the people at it,tell them the price,and leave them alone.I'll answer any questions and tell them anything I know about it,but the price is the price,and the buyer can say either yes or no.I was selling a Tudor a few years ago that a buyer was trying to subtract so much repair work I was going to have to give him money to take it away.An old fellow here in town passed away and his wife wanted to sell his 31 Tudor.Solid,straight,no interior and the babbit was talking.It had been talking since he bought the car in 1971.Quite a few A guys looked at it,but they all lowbawled her with explanations of having to spend $3-$5000 on the engine.A rodder paid her the $6500.she wanted and the body was on a custom chassis within days.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote