View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #3
Keith True

Default Re: Model A destruction

I like to keep them stock too.But,until the A guys start dishing out the money the rod guys do it will keep happening.I've tried to save a couple by buying them myself,but in the end they went to rodders.I had a solid straight 29 coupe,parked for about 50 years undercover.I bought it for about $8000.That is what I had to pay to top the rodders offer.After a year I sold it to another rodder.Most of the A guys were offering around $3500.After listening to 20 or 30 A guys telling me it was gonna cost them $3000.for this and $5000.for that I hung a picture and price in a store that sells rod components.A couple of guys showed up,took a careful look at the body,and counted out the $8000.I had paid for it.I felt it was really too much money for the car,but I was hoping somebody might like a solid straight car to do from the ground up.That never happened.I bought an LB interior from a 31 Tudor from the guys that bought the coupe.They had taken it out of another car they had rodded.I paid $450.for it,and they did a great job taking it out.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote