View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #40
Kube

Default Re: Affordable Ford V8's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko_ View Post
I'm currently in the process of putting together a 1928 Model A Phaeton powered by a 4 banger but I'm feeling the itch for a flathead V8 powered car too.

I've been reading up on different models but all I've come up with so far is that I definetly want a closed car, don't need 2 open top cars in the Swedish climate.

Budget is tight so the initial purchase cost would need to be around $10 000 so that pretty much rules out all coupe models I guess.

I'm no stranger to working on old cars but I want something that atleast is close to a running car.

What would your choice be with these criterias and why?
Happy to hear your opinions and suggestions.
There's a very nice looking '48 Fordor that just got listed on the Early Ford Club site. By the looks of it , perhaps one of the nicer one that's been offered in a while. While it is a six cylinder, it does have a Columbia overdrive. These post war sixes are GOOD engines.
These 48's are very nice driving cars - better than the prewar models in my opinion.
The guy is asking $15k which may seem fair but methinks if you're patient, the realistic price will be closer to $12k.
For that, how could you go wrong?