View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 09:14 AM   #12
Dave in MN

Default Re: Model A Estate Plans

My wife has long been suggesting I get rid of my stuff (parts) so my two sons won't have to deal with the issue. I have been putting her off as I don't want to get rid of anything as I have plans to build a couple yet when I retire.

I recently came up with a solution. I set aside a sufficient amount of money in my retirement funds ear-marked as "Dave's clean-up fund". My "Will" states that the pile of parts is to be offered to my Local Club members first and what remains after they pick through it is to be disposed of using these funds. There are people that make a business of cleaning out storage areas...these people would do so with the parts. With this plan in place, my parts and future projects are safe. As far as the cars go, I told my sons they can each have one car they want out of the collection to keep or sell. They both have no interest in the hobby so I expect the cars will be sold. I also have lots of shop equipment. My direct is to hire an auction company and have at it with money going to family, wife first or 50/50 if to sons.
I'm going to drive and work on my cars as long as I am able. Then I am going to ask a son or interested nephew or great nephew to drive me around. If one of them shows interest in a car...maybe it will belong to them when I'm gone.
Good Day!

Last edited by Dave in MN; 07-21-2020 at 04:15 PM.
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote