View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 01:06 PM   #10
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: Generator Charging

Yes , the generator can only put out so much . Ten amps maximum charge is all that is needed for a 12 volt conversion when using the twelve volt Fun Projects voltage regulator . I use the 35-35w halogen bulbs that fit the original sockets with the generator when running 12 volts . If I need more amps for 55-60 watt halogen headlamps I use an alternator. I prefer to keep mine original appearance for the most part . That's why I mostly use the original generator with 12 volts . The generator charges the battery with amps . Voltage is controlled by the battery that is used .

I prefer 12 volts for a more powerfull electrical system, quicker starting and brighter headlamps. Twelve volt batteries seem to charge quicker and holds charge longer . Twelve volt batteries and components are easier to find . No wiring changes are needed as long as the system remains positive ground . There is no obvious visible change under the hood . If in good tune the engine will start so quickly the starter will hardly be heard .
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote