View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #22
crazycasey

Default Re: Mounting Rumble Lid Hinges; Where Did I Go Wrong!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40-A Twins View Post
Both 28/29 coupe and roadster used the same subrails with minor differences.
Seat risers are different and roadster has a stiffener underneath the door thresholds fastened to subrail sides with rivets and spotwelds. I think this stiffener also serves to keep the threshold from flexing down when you step on it when entering the car. The only other differences I noticed was hole locations in a few places like door post. My 28 roadster had been channeled & panneled, that is the fender wells had been covered with sheetmetal that was welded, brazed, and bolted to the middle of the quarter panels. It was pretty messy. I got a complete subrail set with floorpans from a coupe and had no problems lining up the roadster parts and drilling a few holes where needed.
The second photo is the 29 body with threshold stiffener visible on the subrail.
Kevin
$300!! Wow-ee! I paid 12x that amount for a car that was WAY worse off.

My comment about the coupe subrail confusing things was because of the location of what was left of the quarter panel braces. I mean, it literally was just “confusing”, as I was trying to determine the correct location of for those braces, having never seen a complete car.

Man...$300...
crazycasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)