View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 08:01 PM   #62
tubman

Default Re: My first dumb question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene F View Post
Hey Tubman....I read this...
This distributor has no mechanical advance capability and relies solely on vacuum signals from the carburetor for advancing the spark. A special version of the Holley 94 was developed that supplies that specialized signal through a port about half way up the backside of the carburetor. If you don't have that special version, the distributor advance will not function. Simply connecting the distributor advance line to manifold vacuum will not work, as it supplies the wrong vacuum signal to the distributor.

So what carb? Where might I find one? Or at least that section of the carb?
They are quite common and usually marked 8BA on the side. If you have limited resources where you are. I suggest you contact "Charlie ny" on this forum. As you may have seen on some other recent threads, he is a very knowledgeable and helpful gentleman and I am sure he can help you out.

I will now try to find pictures of what you need (I don't have any easily available as I am in Florida for the winter and away from my shop).

Found a picture of the one you need. Please notice the female fitting on the back side. That is where the vacuum line from the distributor attaches. This is all I could find in a hurry and I notice they are out of stock. Not to worry, they are around and not that hard to find. (Just because I posted a link to their picture is not a recommendation).

https://www.ecklers.com/carburetor-m...2-19669-1.html

Last edited by tubman; 03-04-2021 at 08:12 PM.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)