View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 02:35 PM   #35
P.S.

Default Re: This hobby is dieing

Until recently, Tina and I were the youngest people (who were not children or grandchildren and dragged along by older folks) at almost every Model A club meeting or gathering. I heard conversations for many years that there are no young people joining. So, I decided to do something about it. I dreamt up a way to use social media video platforms and created videos showing how easy, fun, and affordable it is to own and drive a Model A. Using subtle means, I show how the common schmuck like me can keep a Model A in tip top shape. From what I am told by office holders of MAFCA and MARC, it is working. But, I'm just one guy. So much more can be done by everyone. For starters, make yourself and your Model A approachable. Be an ambassador. And, when it comes time to sell your prized Model A, take one for the team and offer to sell it to a young person at a great discount. Show up at a young person's home and take them for a ride, or let them drive.

The old grouch types here will pull the old "I had to earn it, so should they". That thinking will make the hobby die. My thinking will make it grow.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote