View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 10:27 PM   #14
GB SISSON

Default Re: Prony Brake Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5851a View Post
I have a neighbor that likes to smolder grass and leaves when the wind is blowing my direction. I have pondered long and hard about getting one of those airboat props and cages. It wound be perfect for breaking in an engine.
Easiest idea of them all ! I have an outboard motor from 1926 that really puts a strain on it's two stroke ,2 cyl opposed air cooled motor. I have run it at the antique steam, gas, threshing meet at Lynden many times. I have two Vietnam era belly tanks about 21' long... A catamaran with a v8 prop engine? And what's a 'cage'? BTW, not my first rodeo with a prop. At 18 years of age I built this ice craft with a 1 1/2 hp briggs. The police kicked me off the ice with a bullhorn, because of endangerment to all the skaters....,and it was the town's water supply. No gas engines. Sheesh, spoil all the fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aerothrust.jpg (94.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg misspent icecraft.jpg (50.7 KB, 39 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 01-06-2021 at 10:36 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote