View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
Baraga79

Default '57-'60 F100 questions

I'm in the beginning stages of tearing down my '59 F-100 short box stepside and had a couple questions. First, my truck looks to have been pieced together from several! The cab and driver's door have white under about 8 other colors. The passenger front fender was from a '58 I'm thinking, because someone bondo'd over the parking light hole at the bottom! The box looks to have been turquoise originally.

Here's where the questions come in: My driver's side door is SHOT. I suppose it could be saved if I spliced in a dry southern door for the entire bottom 6-8" but at that point why not just replace the whole door? Will any '57-'60 door interchange? Obviously I'll have to drill new holes for my Custom Cab emblem and the door lock, no big deal.

Second, did Ford do a side mount spare on the short boxes? Mine has the side mount spare fender indentation, but no bracket. Looking at how much room is there, it seems doubtful a spare would fit there.

Finally, I know new rear fenders are to be had, but it seems a shame to completely replace mine. The box to fender seams are perfect. There's just a little rust along the rear bottom and front bottom edges. Does anyone make patch panels for the step fenders?

Thanks! -Marc.
Baraga79 is offline   Reply With Quote