View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #17
Hoogah

Default Re: Non fitting / defective aftermarket parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrys40 View Post
I think you and all of us should be thankful that we have parts out there for our almost 90 year old cars that are as good as they are and plentiful. Imagine if you couldn't pick up the phone and call Snyders, Brattons, Berts,Mikes, and others. You had to work with the parts you had and search out for better. What would that do to the price of them and ease of restoring and servicing the cars?
. . . . . Sure I struck a nerve here .. but I for one am thankful instead of critical.
Larry Shepard
Don't get me wrong, Larry, I'm grateful, but I still don't get how parts suppliers can be proud of a product that doesn't fit without modification, or how parts makers even got to the point where they churn out a whole run of ill-fitting parts! Where was the testing phase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin in NJ View Post
It is complicated. I have learned a few things over the years. . . . .First is the maker getting correct feedback. . . . So when you are using a repro part and find an issue, explain what you find here on the Fordbarn and let the dealer know?
Surely this must not be happening and we are to blame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
just to clarify our exchange was regarding the MODERN repo parts market.....
Sorry for the mis-quote Mitch, but it doesn't matter now, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
I hear what you are saying and the realities you describe make sense, bit some people ask, for example, how a repro hood shelf for the '29s gets made with a mounting hole mis-located. Or how the repro light switch, for example, which as produced, seems not exactly the simplest thing to reproduce and must take some skill and detail , still doesn't get made to be workable.
Exactly my point. Why was this testing not done before a whole run of faulty parts was churned out? This is Business 101!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Not point to any post specifically but let me start by asking "why" do you need a reproduction part?
I guess we're all coming from different places in terms of our resources, time and skill set. I'd rather use original parts on my survivor any day, but if it comes down to not driving my car for 2, 6, or.12 months while I find an original versus using a repro part and keep driving, somewhere I'm gonna compromise in order to keep enjoying the other 99.99% of my car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
In relation to giving feedback, I used to buy a lot of stuff from Snyders and on one or two occasions, I gave them feedback which was never acted upon. It was only last week that I tried to contact them again after Mike V in Florida said that he had let them know of the trouble anybody outside the US has contacting them. My message encountered an "Unexpected Error" again. This leads me to comment Snyders won't listen to feedback anyway so why would anybody expect them to take any action. Hopeless!
I've since started buying elsewhere.
Business 101 not working at Snyders, but is alive and well at Synchro's house!
If we collectively and gently "pushed back" on this issue, surely things would get better.
Hoogah is offline   Reply With Quote