View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 10:45 AM   #18
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Engine inspection (with pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Whoa, WHOA, ....W H O A!! I never called your car a "junk restoration"!!

Yes, it is often difficult to find a stopping place, but replacing guides & valves, re-ringing it, and tightening up the lower-end clearances should put you on your way to many happy miles.
I was referring to a comment you made awhile back in a thread about a restored model A that was on eBay IIRC for $50,000. You're familiar with the car and were defending the price from those that thought the seller (the owner had passed away IIRC) was nuts. You had said something to the affect that "this is not your typical junk restoration". You were not referring to my car specifically but my car fits the definition of what you meant. I don't disagree and am not offended. There are "levels" of restoration and I would put mine in the average category. While I can appreciate the pristine cars, restored or unrestored, I want something that I am not afraid to drive so I'm OK with "junk restored". It looks good, drives good and as soon as i get this oil consumption fixed, runs good. It's all good. Like I said, I wasn't offended and understand what you meant. Not a bad description IMO.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote