View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #133
Frank Miller

Default Re: Great northern route 2

Made it to Lawrence Kansas where I met up with some people I met 17 years ago in upstate NY. There would have been more but they had other plans.
The trip out of Colorado started out good with temps in the low 60s and the car running smooth in the 70s. By mid day I would be running in the low 60s as the temps hit 95. While the engine was running hot it did not overheat but did push out a little water.
Driving the interstate has been ok but I no longer am passing through the small towns as I was on the secondary roads. I have seen gas stops on the interstate that are closed down. Also new to me are unattended gas stations. There was one in Colorado but it had other businesses around it and I did not notice until I had filled up and went to go inside. The one in Ks was just a gas station with a small cement block building that was closed up so the rest room was behind it. I guess that is what $15 minimum wage leads to.
So far on this trip I'm over the 6000 mile mark. I'll tally it all up with mileage and driving time as my GPS is tracking those. I had to reset it at one point because it does not go over 100 hours. Right now my driving time is around 130 hours. Today was my 22nd day away. I also lost another hour so I'm now on central time. Plan to meet up with Seth and Alex tomorrow so it will be an easy 300 miles. Hopefully.