Default Re: What was it like to work on the auto assembly line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
Charlie ny:
I don't think future generations will ever know, nor
will our (revisionist) history books ever report the total contribution
of "The Greatest Generation" you worked with. America is still today
an exceptional country.
Thanks for upholding your end of the bargain to this day.
I actually write history books. My books have been in print for over ten years and are popular with their intended audience, here and overseas. Since I am active in the field, I have a good idea of the market. And I have read many hundreds of history books.

So what "revisionist" books are you referring? The historians I know personally, and the others I don't know, base their work on good scholarship, deep-digging research and verifiable facts. We historians write what we can, but there is absolutely no way you can write about every single person's contribution in the Second World War.

Judging by the amount of WWII books on the market these days, it seems we are doing our level best to tell as many stories as we can. Not every story is great and not every story is suitable to be published and marketed. We historians have been reporting on the greatest generation for a good long time now. Maybe you need to read some more history books so you can be disabused of this false notion you have about historians and what they write about.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote