View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 07:13 PM   #1
purplewg

Default Horn wiring question

I did search here but haven't found my issue so I am looking for help. Again I am working on my buddies 30 Model A. He said the horn wasn't working. I did some checking and got down to the horn itself. When I took it apart I found someone had been there before me and one wire was broken at the terminal on the inside coming from the motor. I soldered new wires on, cleaned and oiled. Thought that would do it. When I went to mount the horn back on the car the mounting bolt sparked. I took it back apart and made sure neither wire was grounded to the frame of the horn. I then just took motor and hooked it to the hot wire coming from the generator and grounded the other side with an jumper. It ran just fine. I put it back together and tested like this one more time and it worked. When mounting it, it sparked again. I built some insulators to isolate the mounting screws and it works just fine with the button. What am I doing wrong? When I took the horn off the mounts were all rusty and just fell apart. Are there supposed to be insulators between the horn and the mount? Thanks in advance.
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote