View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 10:50 PM   #16
VeryTangled

Default Re: Stainless steel Fords going to auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Yes, with the vanity license plate of the culprit (Leo Gephart).
It's so nice to see these three cars coming out of hiding.

You can see a similar triplet at the Crawford Museum in Cleveland. I went there in 2018 and was happy to see them, but their '36 has issues (spider caps passenger/stock caps driver, light switch in on position). It's interior is just like I like them though, pretty well used. (Shout-out for JM35's shorts in the reflection.)

These auction cars are from the company Allegheny Ludlum from what I heard... Here's an article on the cars from 2008. https://www.hemmings.com/stories/200...ess-steel-cars

The one at the Foundation Museum is problematic to me. If you accept the explanation the polishing was necessary for the body to be restored. My dad told me stories of judging the polished car in 2008 and he commented about pressure on the team to get on board of this restoration.

Nevertheless, does the Museum's car tick the box for uber cool? Yes.

We got to see one (maybe a third?, really my first from 2011) with original finish in Saratoga Springs for the meet Frank Miller's crew put on. It was in the gorgeous Saratoga Springs Automobile Museum. Epic venue, epic tours, top notch event! That one plus the one from Cleveland are the only two brushed ones I've encountered.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180609_131404 resize.jpg (61.0 KB, 308 views)
File Type: jpg 20180609_131208 resize.jpg (54.0 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg 20180609_131757 resize.jpg (42.5 KB, 308 views)

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 05-21-2020 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Touching it up, nothing major.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote