View Single Post
Old 03-25-2022, 10:37 PM   #174
GB SISSON

Default Re: Hey Fellas... Some Clarification...

Much of what I post here is 'off topic'. There have been many times when I thought my creations would be better received on the HAMB, but then they are certainly not prewar and definately not socal timing association so from what I know of I would be flamed horribly on the jalopy journal even though I tend to build jalopies for the exact reason out forefathers did. (Now that was a run-on sentence). What I mean is I build stuff from what I already have, not from the catalogues where I could buy an IFS kit from a mustang 2, etc, etc.... I started on FTE (ford truck enthusiasts) many years back but that became a haven for Crown Vic front ends and it got worse from there to air bags and 1/2" of ground clearance. I don't even know what being 'flamed' on the hamb means, but I am thin skinned and don't wanna know. For now I sit here in the middle, as always. I am a middle child of three I am middle ground (almost) in politics. What I am trying to say in my usual Wordy manner is I am very comfortable here with all you 'Regular' guys. Yes, a toyota 4wd chassis is pushing it, a cummins diesel, well that's at least american, sawing the cab off a perfectly good 47 pickup to build a non original wood wagon, But it is stuff I have had for many years. And you guys let me do all this without being 'flamed'. I have no idea where I would go next if my stuff wasn't welcomed here. I love this site, and thanks to all of you. If I were the moderator (or king of the world) I wouldn't change a thing......
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1946 Tonner Pickup with 226 H six, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, now wearing 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote