View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 02:07 PM   #13
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: 1935 Ford Mechanical Brake Parts Availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrocks55 View Post
Hi All, I am currently restoring my great grandfathers 1935 ford pickup. I'm trying to keep it as original as possible. I am currently working on the Mechanical Brakes and am having issues finding replacement parts. Where are good places to get parts for these Brakes? I have tried Mac's and they seem to be carrying fewer and fewer parts for the '35 .

I am mainly looking for NOS or Relined shoes and new front and rear tracks.

I'm not sure what you mean by "front and rear tracks".....maybe brake rod supports?

As you go through the complete mechanical braking system, make sure you repair or replace ALL worn components. This might seem like an obvious statement to most folks, but many overlook things like the cross shaft bolted in center of X member where all rods attach, the brake shoe operating lever assemblies and bearings on each backing plate, brake shoe expanding wedges and rollers, all clevis and brake rod pins, etc. Any of these worn parts left in place will hinder brake adjustment and function.

Brake floaters/equalizers are another improvement addition to consider for the early mechanical braking system.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-21-2019 at 02:14 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote