View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 03:15 PM   #27
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: 1932 clutch issue

I've never used the clutch arm adjusters to adjust pedal play (on any car) - they come setup from the manufacturer to ensure even engagement with the throw-out bearing. They are not meant to be used to adjust pedal play (to the best of my knowledge).

When you put a new clutch disc in, it is probably thicker than your original one - which causes the fingers to be further down. I'd expect this . . . so the question is whether or not your throw-out bearing is TOO far out on the sleeve.

I agree with Deuce Lover - have somebody depress the pedal until you feel the clutch fingers and see where the throw-out bearing sleeve is located. You should be able to determine whether or not it is still correctly engaged with the sleeve - if so, then maybe change the rod as noted above.

Is the 39 trans using a 32 arm on the cross-shaft or a 39 arm on the cross shaft (they're completely different in length). As long as the throw-out bearing is correctly engaged with the sleeve, I'd have no problem "customizing" the length of the rod to accomplish the desired free-play.
Bored&Stroked is online now   Reply With Quote