View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 01:12 AM   #1
cas3

Default OT computer question for the wizzards

i'm having crisis, i cant connect to the hamb, or the barn. everything else works fine, started last thur. the first day, i assumed there was some problem at atomic like we had a while back, so no panic. so, heres my deal, i am on an apple laptop in my shop connecting with a verizon jetpack, runs on cell towers i assume, and at night i take my laptop to the house because the wifes computer is so plugged up it hardly works...lets just say its easier to be on my own thing. the house, has internet thru the land line phone. thurs night, when i get home i check and the barn is working. i figure o goody, i'll get caught up in the morning, in my shop. friday morning in shop, no ford barn, or hamb, and anything else you want to do on the net works fine. well, i thought jeez ryan must really be having trouble, its out again! later that day, a friend stopped over who carries a laptop for work, got connected to my verizon thing, but again no hamb or barn. now, i realize its not the barn, the problem is here, and it seems in my verizon connection. i am a computer dimwit, but it seems to me either you are connected to the internet, or your not. how can it select some site to not connect? i do not have any fire wall stuff, and have not deleted any thing out of the "brains" of the thing, what the heck is going on here?
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote