Thread: Fs ignitions
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 02:04 PM   #11
denis4x4

Default Re: Fs ignitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke36 View Post
I had the 12 v FS zipper which was good except on hills with a H.C. head.; it wouldn't retard enough to prevent knocking. Some owners modify the internals to be able to rotate the dizzy assembly or change out the internal springs. The zipper is not pinned to the head. I removed it , and like others prefer the stock factory setup.

I've had similar issues with the FS distributor that were quickly solved by using different spring rates to play with the advance and retard features of the unit. I have these distributors on both A's and I've tweeked the springs on both of them.

I fully understand those that want to keep their A's just as they came off the assembly line. By the same token bad mouthing an aftermarket product based on a single usage is not always right. As I've posted, been running Per-Lux Ignitors, Petronix Ignitions and FS ignitions (all the same thing) for 35 years and the only failure was caused by me not following directions. Latest installation was a year ago on my '76 Jaguar XJ6c and it runs great. Too, if you're not running the proper coil, you're asking for trouble.