View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 09:10 AM   #72
AnthonyG

Default Re: Trouble shoot 1950 8Ba initial start up Help

JMO & not trying to criticize, just trying to be helpful as I’ve been here my self ( I’m a bit stubborn). Bustingear seems to seek agreement with his opinions of what the problem is more than he wants to accept help. Bustingear if you haven’t you need to try several of the suggestions given. Get a timing lite & verify spark from position 1 on distributor matches cyl #1 as post 21 suggests. Get / Borrow a multimeter & verify resistance & voltage entering ur coil is correct as suggested in Post 26. Pull your cam & crank gear off & verify the prevalent dots / gear markings are facing out as suggested in post #71 & others. JSeery suggests among other things to go with new plugs to be sure. I’d suggest as your heads look to be Offy heads that the plugs are entering your cyl at right depth as it is an issue with Offy heads ie too deep or too shallow. Step back & verify your on right side of each suggestion. As said with compression, correct spark, & fuel delivery there should be ignition or signs of life. With out any combustion at all I lean with the others timing is mechanically off.