View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
huddy

Default Re: Crank misaligned with FAM

Ray

Thanks for the heads-up. Coupe has a plastic 5-bladed fan so no problem there, won't touch it. Hadn't heard about the crank but I'll be careful if I ever can get it to engage. I've ordered the tool from Bratton's that accesses the hex nut on the pulley and will use that for setting timing after today.

Today I'll probably just do the "remove the plugs and jack a rear tire" trick and confront the engine mount issue later. I'm not driving for a few days anyway because I'm waiting for some parts to arrive, including a new wiring harness (the old one is pretty bad) and some ignition parts (old disty is also pretty worn). I wanted to start it up so I could back it out onto my gravel drive and give the engine a good cleaning, along with a coolant flushing.

--Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
Be careful if you use the crank pulley to turn the engine. They can break pretty easily. Also, don't use your fan either, for the same reason.