View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 09:18 PM   #25
GB SISSON

Default Re: Covid excuse to play hookey

It's Saturday and not raining so I played with the faded blue paint on the front clip, well what I mean is I started painting on the bed to match thje faded blue front clip... I really wanted to install the front clip today, but I find I need to fix an intake manifold leak and that is sooooooo much easier with all the front sheet metal off. The gasket should be here on Wednesday and it's like 65 degrees all week, so next weekend should be all good. This afternoon I drove it up some very steep inclines, maybe a video of such tomorrow. The tailgate will be a convincing faded blue to match the front clip. If I could be so bold as to make up a story about this build it would be an ex military rig sold after ww2 as surplus and used on a ranch. Of course the new owner painted over the OD paint with some blue he had. In my younger years I had occasion to drive various surplus willys jeeps. None of them retained their OD paint. On one jobsite it was brush painted gray, the other yellow.....
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote