View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 08:41 PM   #939
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

There are 2 reasons people holiday at the beach. There are those who like the surf and that’s great.
And the second reason is those who like to hang around the shops and commercial sector. Since most Australians live in cities or large towns they can do that at home without having to pay a premium for a beach house or accommodation. However for the testosterone saturated boys they enjoy immensely the young girls who dress flimsily and put themselves on display and parade where they get the most prominent viewing. No, the boys don’t get to see this at home.

We have just come from a week in Brisbane. Not a place we’d visit without reason. This time to mind grandchildren and see relatives. We are now at popular Rainbow Beach. At sister in laws who has a house on hillside with great view. At night I look down at the town which is fairly well lit and notice the salt from the ocean drifting over the town and forming a haze. That means rusted motorcars, roofs and roof gutters. Clothes which have become salt impregnated when hung out to dry. Salt of course is hydroscopic means clothing absorbs water and doesn’t dry to that nice crisp feel I enjoy.
And dogs. It seems dogs like window shopping even entering shops. On leads and in arms of owners. Mostly useless dogs, frequently designer dogs. When I get home I’ll ask woofa if he feels excluded because I don’t take him shopping.

I am continuing to write this some 2 days after the above was completed. One very negative I have overlooked. Sandflies or midges. I’ll itch for days if not 2 or 3 weeks. They give me hell and I’m sure I’m not Robinson Crusoe.
And what do I do here at the beach? If I had bought my boat I’d fish, but you can’t do that all day each day. There’s a bowling club and if I learned to play I wouldn’t want to do it all day either.

At home I’m always busy and enjoy living in my little old country town. In addition to my garden I make bush furniture and visit my friends. I feel wanted by the oldies who I help. Much better
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images-1.jpeg (9.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg images-3.jpeg (13.2 KB, 1 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 12-27-2020 at 07:03 AM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote