View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 10:06 AM   #20
HOTRODPRIMER

Default Re: advertising to sell, but doesn't seem to want to sell????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Pilger View Post
A fellow is advertising on both the HAMB and Fordbarn to sell a 36 Ford air cleaner. Ironically, i could use that particular item. The price is reasonable. The pictures show the product(s) well. I have sent both personal messages and made a phone call to the seller attempting to conclude a deal. I can't get any response back. It's not a hill to die on, there are surely other decent 36 Ford air cleaners that will pop up. I've had this experience when responding to the odd other ad for parts and other consumer products. It's odd to me? Why bother posting stuff for sale in the first place, if it's not really for sale? 'Just testing the market? Some sort of "can't let go of stuff issue"? It's perplexing to me.

I am the administrator on the '54 Ford Club of America site and we too have a classified section, often the advertiser has sold the item and never bothered to mark the item sold or to let me know where I can delete the advertisement.

Unlike the Hamb & the Ford Barn there are thousands of ads and I would think darn near impossible for the administration or moderators to stay on top of all of them.

We have a 3 month limit with a ad unless we are notified then it runs another 3 months, that way you wont find a advertisement from 5 years ago. HRP