View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 07:19 AM   #9
justold

Default Re: 1957 Ford convertible - window issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by toplessincan View Post
57 Ford convertible - Currently under restoration. I cannot get the door windows to go all the way to the top. They are OK at the front and meet the top of the vent windows but are about an inch too low at the rear.. All the parts I'm using are good used with some reproduced parts. There doesn't seem like there is much adjustment to be made to fix the problem. I haven't tried raising the "equilizer arm bracket"; first of all the original brackets are welded in place so no adjustment there.. I do have an original after market bracket that has mounting bolts and made by Ford so what is going on there? If you have any experience with assembling door hardware, you know how much fun that is. NOT!
I would really like some expert advice while I still have hair. The vent window location is adjusted to meet the windshield gap so that is fixed in stone, and there is little adjustment with the window regulator. The window regulator I'm using is from a hardtop but looks identical to the original. I might try to swap that out but what a chore. So if you have had success I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks, Andrew (in Ontario)
The vent window needs adjusted . Loosen the bottom of the vent window guide and slide it to the rear , do the same for rear window guide .
justold is offline   Reply With Quote