View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 02:30 AM   #1
Old Henry

Default Across the desert in the snow

570 mile road trip with one of my grandsons and his dad in Old Henry to Wendover Utah then 122 miles straight north on dirt road through Lucin and Grouse Creek Utah then Oakley to Burley Idaho for the night. Then to City of Rocks National Reserve the next day before heading home on the "back roads". Here's the video taken by my 7 year old grandson on his dad's cell phone: https://youtu.be/osgA3yokKrw I think it's pretty good.

And a few pictures taken by grandson and his dad on his cell phone:

Headed north from Wendover Utah on dirt road past Pilot Mountain:

View of sunset after turning around on impassable road to City of Rocks on first day:

City of Rocks National Reserve:

Old rock house in City of Rocks:

Twin Sisters landmark for 250,000 pioneers passing through the reserve from the east to California for the gold rush. Both granite but the left one 100 times older than the right one.

Headed home on the back roads to Utah:

The only picture I took of the last of many trials we had along the way. This one a flat tire on the freeway. I pumped it up as much as my pump would pump (I forgot to charge it before leaving) and the incident manager pumped it up the rest of the way to get me to a tire store to fix it.