View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 09:45 AM   #27
rotorwrench

Default Re: Who designed he Model T engine

The one I'm referring to came from a 4-part series titled "The Men Who Built America" on the History Channel. The part about Henry Ford specifically. Like all "Docu-Dramas", the producers have to add and change history to make it "interesting to the masses" when in fact, they paint a new history that is very loosely based on any facts at all. They focused on strife with investors and employees instead of just putting actual historical content of the Ford Motor Company out there. It was one of the worst docu-dramas I've ever witnessed.

I can't speak to the quality of the early Fords other than there is always a reason that they are changed from one year to the next. Ford tried to manufacture a large car to compete in that market but the engineering was not going to catch up. Ford's vision was for an affordable car for the masses and the Model K was in another market. When they finally went the route they did, the cars (Model T) became popular very quickly. When Ford finally got back in to the high end market it was the purchase of Lincoln from Henry Leland that got them there.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-30-2019 at 11:54 AM.
rotorwrench is online now   Reply With Quote