Thread: uncanny stories
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 07:58 AM   #8
rockfla

Default Re: uncanny stories

My Dad went to Hershey for the first time in 1970. Everyone told him "If you find something, you better buy it right then because you will never find it again!!". So, he found a set of NOS 37 running board strips and bought them and made the cardinal mistake of saying "I'll be back and pick them up!!", which he could never find where he bought them. On, Thanksgiving week every year in Daytona Beach the AACA used to have a big car show that was "our" Hershey of the Southeast and always had a big flea market along with a car show and parade. Fast forward to 1984, my Dad was cruising the flea market when a vendor asked him IF he went to Hershey in 1970? He said "yeah" with a stoned look on his face, the fellow asked IF he had bought some running board strips for a 37 Ford, and my Dad said, yeah and I never could find the spot when he went back to get them. The fellow said "I have your running board strips.....My best friend and I used to do a lot of flea markets all over and he got sick a few years prior and couldn't travel anymore and he gave me the strips and said "here" maybe you will run across this fellow one day!!!!".
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote