View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #10
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Rear Motor Mount Rubber Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs1961815 View Post
Yesterday I put my original motor mounts on to replace the floatamotors that were on. I had bought new rubber from Brattons and a bolt set for the frame from Third Gen Automotive (what used to be Roy Nacewicz).

I managed to install everything, but the Bratton rubber was not completely right: the outer plate rubber had ribs to go into the frame holes but those are not right so I shaved them off. Toward the end the nuts were really tight as I was just trying to get enough to get the cotter pin it. That doesn't seem right. Will I have vibration issues when I reinstall my engine?

I don't know if you solved your problem but let me give some info that might clear-up some confusion for those searching this later;

The A-5094 Rear Support Cushion (Outer) is a flat piece of rubber with 3 holes that are supposed to be 7/16" inside diameter. There are no ribs or protrusions on this piece. The uncompressed thickness is 0.208"-0.228". The specifications for this material is the same as the A-5092 material, so my guess is that it should compress to a total thickness of 0.1875" when properly installed.

The A-5092 Rear Support Cushion (Inner) has two dimensions shown on the print. The manufactured thickness calls for a finished moulded dimensional tolerance of 0.215"-0.230" -HOWEVER it calls for a compressed installed thickness of 3/16" (0.1875"). This means when the fasteners are tightened, the entire inner rubber is to be 3/16" thick, ...which is where I came up with the installed dimension for the A-5094 piece. The print also calls for the 3 protrusions to be 5/32" (0.1562") with a 5/8" outside diameter and a 7/16" inside diameter. These dimensions are correct for the frame side member and the metal spacers.

The A-5093 metal spacer is spec-ed out at 7/16" outside diameter and having a total length of 0.521"-0.541". I think when you will find when add the thickness of the A-5090 and the A-5015/16 side members, you are going to find that as long as the metal spacer is the proper length, everything will fit fine and there will not be any vibrations.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote