View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #4
GB SISSON

Default Re: 1938 Tonner Bed Floor Question

Back in the 90s when I had my 38 tonner I got Wagner's phone number from directory assistance and we had a nice conversation. He seemed genuinely interested in my project, and together we determined that mine had been a factory demonstrator just like yours. As for my thoughts on bed wood and bed strips, I think they were both painted body color. I had a near perfect original '53 F350 9' box that I installed on a '59 flatbed a few years back. It had all the original wood and strips and plenty of the same blue paint as the steel portions of the box. There is no doubt in my mind that in '53 the big pickups had body color strips and wood. Now it's time to contact Mr. Wagner.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote