View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 07:46 AM   #1
42Ford M-H

Default Rubber fuel line failure

So I've been dealing with hard starting due to having fuel drain back to the tank after a week or so. I've gotten sick of trying to chase down the issue, so i went the route of adding an Airtex 8902 for priming. Not sure the pump i got is flow thru, thats another story. Anyways, fired the pump up for 10 seconds, heard the pump pitch change and turned it off. Then i started smelling fuel, so got under the truck looking for leaks nadda.... Was the pump pushing to much pressure for the carb?? Fire the pump up again while looking down the carb.... nadda Now i can really smell fuel.... I'm eyeballing everything for fuel leaking and finally find it.

flex the line and this is what a not even 2 year old rubber line looks like.... maybe it was on the shelve for a long time?? I got the line from either macs or dennis. But wouldn't be surprised if they were all made from the same place. The cracks were not obvious until i flexed the hose, guess thats my fault for only looking and not flexing to find cracks. It is just me that thinks a fuel line should last a whole lot longer than 2 years?
42Ford M-H is offline   Reply With Quote