Thread: turn signals
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #3
mike in tucson

Default Re: turn signals

I have one in my 39 Ford coupe and a Blinkie dash in my 32 roadster..... but of course we would have them since we designed them. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will send the wiring diagram for you to look at. Unfortunately, we don't have a positive ground design. We have done a couple of installations for six volt negative ground cars but the Ford positive ground design is a future addition.
The Blinkie project started when we were trying to find a period correct turn signal for my 39. I bought a Yankee turn signal off EBay for $250; it was full of spiders, had dents, and the unit didn't have an automatic lever return. So... we designed the Blinkie to look like the old Yankee switch but to have modern features. About $70K later, we had the first 100 working turn signals done. As soon as we showed them, people said they liked the unit but their knee hit it when used in a 32 Ford. So we then designed the Blinkie Dash that has the exact same features but eliminates the polished casting. The entire project was a learning experience since we learned how to design for lost wax casting, polishing aluminum, getting a trademark, getting a design patent, etc.
mike in tucson is offline   Reply With Quote