Thread: 1925 Franklin ?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 06:38 AM   #18
Steve Wastler

Default Re: 1925 Franklin ?

Carb is all brass, not pot metal, couldn't read the manufacturers name on the bowl cover. The Franklin is fairly complex in its fuel system. I am finding little information pertaining to the total workings.

I can see old gas causing issues in a newly rebuilt engine with tight tolerances, but not so much on this engine for the 2-3 minutes total run time yesterday.
There is too much unburnt fuel passing THRU the rear cylinder for it not to have descent compression.

The gas albeit old, can't be too damn bad as it starts on the 2nd or third revolution no ether or choke needed.

It has a centrifugal air cleaner, which is basically a fan, no filter element, which has to be helping push fuel up to that interesting intake. Either the primer assembly is stuck open, or there is some issue in the carb. Reason for asking if anyone had Experience with THIS make auto.

Maififold vacuum pulls the fuel into the vacuum canister, so vacuum would seem sufficient.

Will have to post my questions on aaca forum to see if I get a response from a franklin guy or guys.

Wayne, at this time the current owner is keen on keeping it, if that changes I'll certainly let you know.
Steve Wastler is offline   Reply With Quote