View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 02:21 PM   #3
40larry

Default Re: 1941 ford pickup heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
The distance between the water inlet oulet is narrower by over 1" then the 6 cyl head and the overall height of the 6 cyl motor would place the heater a lot higher on the firewall then a V8 truck

Placing it over on the passanger would give it plenty of room because the battery is on the left.

Trying to make it as close as possible as what it would have been new. Trucks seem to be built with no heaters then the dealer installed if the customer wanted one?

Truck is a 1941 ford half ton 6 cylinder with column shift transmission . Another feature that is pretty scarce is the ford script sliding rear window

I used to do a lot with these heaters a few years back. I never was involved with the installation into a 6 cyl 1941 truck. The V8 installation puts the heater on the passenger side and it straddles the step in the firewall. Check out the Howard Towne book Two Great Trucks where he has included a photo of the 1941 truck ( I assume it is a V8) heater installation inside the cab. I may have a partial install kit from Ford for your 6 cyl heater, I will look for it........good luck
40larry
40larry is offline   Reply With Quote