View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 07:20 AM   #5
PalAl

Default Re: Any electronic experts out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by shew01 View Post
By any chance, are you using an electronic flasher?

I had a similar problem with my electronic flasher and LED tail lights. The flasher worked perfectly with the engine off and went nuts with the engine on. I wrapped the flasher with several layers of tin foil, and that helped a bit. But, it didn’t fix the flasher. I returned the flasher to the vendor.

I went back to a new thermal flasher from Bratton’s. It blinked irregularly, but it at least worked (for a few weeks). Then, it died.

Some folks recommend a NOS 535 thermal flasher, which I currently have installed (from eBay). It kinda works. The blink is still sometimes irregular, and the indicator lamp seldom works on my Signal Stat turn signal switch. I use my cowl lights as turn signals. Adding an electrical “load” with 10 CP bulbs (instead of stock 3 CP bulbs) in the cowl lights helped stabilize the 535 flasher, but the flasher still does not work quite right. However, the blink is safe enough to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shew01, I am using a thermo flasher with LED rear lights (turn,tail and brake) and also a third brake light with signals, rear lights have load resistors. Front turn signals are also LED running/driving lights. The in line resistors, Snyders A-13464 solved the flashing problem for me. Have also considered turning my parking lights to turn signals. (Two-lite headlights)
Being in the country and driving dark roads on the return ride from tours I want to be very visible.
PalAl is offline   Reply With Quote