View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #859
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Coffee Shops.

I cannot help but notice when TV makes an example of CV19 downturn on businesses it is always, without exception, coffee shops. Never manufacturing or agriculture or important services just coffee shops.

Coffee shops are not important to the nation’s economy but after so much exposure one would think they were the nucleus. In addition, we have a high-profile retail chain operator who thinks the national economy revolves around his industry. Whilst it may well be a measure of community spending, like coffee shops is not a wealth generating operation. Universities and learning institutions are also whinging because of the downturn of much fodder for them to convert many to some worthless skills. Many of their courses provide opportunities for foreign nationals to enter Australia and become permanent residents or take up citizenship. Many who don’t even attend their courses.

The end of this pandemic will determine just what industries and services are important. It will be those that sell or supply necessary products.

We are currently in lockdown which has not bothered me greatly. I am now retired as a result of ongoing drought. But I look forward to being able to drive around in my Model A. I have needed to buy a trickle charger to keep the battery from deteriorating.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote