View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #857
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

HOW THIS LOVE AFFAIR STARTED.

I remember staying at the beach with my parents in the 50’s. A group of youths had this great motorcar with this funny oogah horn and they were having such fun. It was an A of course. About the same period the “big kids” who had left school were driving A’s and I envied them owning those cars plus not having to go to school. That’s where my love affair started. It’s lasted longer than my marriage which is newer by comparison, only 51 years.
I bought my first of 3 (plus the first series GM Holden) in the late 80’s and at the time had no money. I wish I’d have joined a Model A club although the closest was 200 miles away at Melbourne. They would have given me help in making a suitable purchase. But don’t look back Gary.

So why did I buy 4 vintage cars of which 3 were A’s. I was, and still are, besotted with A’s, and I could give 1 to each of my 4 kids.

Not all decisions I have made in my life have been good decisions and this is one.
The lesson learned is one should help your kids reach their aspirations and not yours. They do not have the love of these beauties like I do.

A footnote. The Holden has valuated greatly and I get many enquiries from people wanting to purchase it. I decline as it was promised to my daughter Sarah. It is an immaculate motor car with less than 25,000 miles but I just don’t warm to it. How can I when I have this love affair with Henry’s ladies?

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote