View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #855
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Greedy and generous. Selfish and benevolent. That’s us. That’s humanity.

This current world situation shows how different to the extreme we all are. Stripping shop shelves for non-perishable food stuffs. And of all the ridiculous things, toilet paper. Those who do are both hoarders and carpetbaggers. Some aggressively seeking commercial opportunity. This syndrome is not only here in Australia but appears to be world wide. My son lives in Hong Kong and tells me 3 armed bandits held up a delivery van for the toilet paper. He also speaks of people having their lounge rooms stacked high with it too.
We live 190 miles north of Melbourne. Our local supermarket and many many more in country regions have been raided by city people. Asians mostly and it’s said, they arrive in 3 busses. They have also cleaned out stores of non perishable food and now into chemist shops. They have taken so much it has to be for resale or export.

We as both people and as a nation are so generous to others who are in peril. The likes of bushfire victims. Tsunami (formally tidal waves) around the Indian Ocean. Refugees from the middle east. And we are not the only people or nation who/that gives considerably. And we are not the only nation with greedy hoarders and carpetbaggers.

What a contrast. What a diverse species we are.

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 03-21-2020 at 08:04 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote