Thread: karma
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 12:33 AM   #1
Brian

Default karma

I've just sent a pm to a fellow fb member who's been advertising for a part for his car. Looking at his history, he's been a member for years, never done an intro, only ever posted in parts wanted. I have the parts he is currently wanting.
I have developed, over the years, both on here and locally, a network of true friends, who each freely give of parts/labour/knowledge. That is a very big part of what makes this hobby/disease so great! Over the years, I've been 'bitten' a few times by insincere individuals, I'm obviously a slow learner.....
So I've asked this guy to prove to me he is deserving of the parts he wants, that I've got. Call me cynical, but the reality is, that at my age, when I 'croak', the poor pricks that need to clean out my 'estate', will have absolutely no idea what half this crap is, and treat it accordingly.
I just sold a fully machined block to a fellow barner for less than the machining cost, let alone the core price of the block.
I'm not quite sure what message I'm trying to put across here, it's just that to me, I feel so great helping out another genuine enthusiast, but feel bad within myself when I've been ripped off by somebody who's just plain selfish.