View Single Post
Old 07-21-2020, 03:17 AM   #20
Fairview

Default Re: Model A Estate Plans

I’m a lifelong Model A guy and an attorney and do quite a bit of estate planning work. You all have brought out some excellent points and considerations. Of course there is no one size fits all solution and your varied ideas demonstrate that well.

Over my years of practice I have seen a big change in the “next generation”. Very few heirs have the same interest in vintage cars as their parents. Most don’t have the skills to keep old cars running. Many couldn’t even start and drive an old car. Many of them are completely helpless to fix anything. Sad to say, but overall we’ve done a poor job of raising a new crop of old car enthusiasts.

However, do you really want to cut back doing what you love so that the next generation doesn’t have to liquidate a collection they don’t understand or appreciate?

I’d say if you and your spouse aren’t burdened by your cars, keep them, enjoy them, and don’t feel guilty. After you are gone, the kids might have to learn something about your cars, take some action, do some research, and get motivated. It might do them some good.

Last edited by Fairview; 07-21-2020 at 03:24 AM.
Fairview is offline   Reply With Quote