View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 11:58 AM   #15
rotorwrench

Default Re: Im going to be buying some tubes and tires. good tubes? bad tubes?

I assume you need rubber for a 19 inch tire like your avatar. Tractors don't use that size. If they are 16 inch than they are later Ford V8 types but they will work with a 16-inch tube.

Coker had problems with tubes marked EEEC but they discontinued sales of those. Now they are listed as Hartford brand but I have no idea where they come from. Some of the vendors likely buy from Coker tire but I don't know for sure. Bert's states that his are made in China but he backs them. At least he is honest about it.

A lot also depends on what type of stem you want to use. the originals Schrader valve stems like the model A had, have to have a tube with a rubber stem that can be cut off for prep to install original stems. There are some with metal stems but a person has to be careful to get the right size stem to make them look original. The ones sold as metal stem to fit orginal type Schrader hardware even have the bridge washer but they are the expensive ones at around 39 to 50 bucks apiece depending on the vendor.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote